Thursday, March 18, 2010

Catch Up

Doesn't it suck having to play catch up? I feel like that's what I've been doing the last two days. I was out of town on vacation for the first half of the week and we ended up staying at a hotel that didn't have a gym. I thought I would be ok with this, but didn't realize until I got home yesterday exactly how much I missed running.

The good news about my mini-vaca is that I went shopping at the Nike Outlet store and got some great new running clothes! I didn't realize what a difference they would make. I can't wait to run outside now!! Hopefully I get to go tomorrow before the crazy snow comes in on Saturday.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
C25K Update

I've started my week 5. I should be on at least week 6 but I didn't have my accountability partner making sure that I was getting up last week and then I HATE not being able to comfortably complete a run, so I have 'redone' quite a few. But I completed week 4 day 3 yesterday and started week 5 day 1 today. It consisted of 3 x 5 minute runs with a 3 minute break between each run. It was a bit of a struggle, but I felt GREAT after I finished it. Hopefully I can do the same tomorrow. I'm still on track to be able to run 5K before my run next month in OKC.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How is everyone else doing? Anyone have any updates they want to share. Remember, this isn't just for me..it's for you too. I hope we all are able to meet our goal of becoming fit!!!

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Stacy
    It sounds like you are right on track for the marathon. I am starting my 3rd week of swimming and wieght lifting and i actually put on my ref pants for a basketball tourny on friday and they were so lose. I loved it. I also love swimming every morning. it really starts my day off right. I was really feeling better until i got blind sided by this broncitis and pnuemonia. I should be over it in just a few days and then back to the program. I can sure tell though when I take the weekend off!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
    ~Jered

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jered - So glad to hear swimming is going good for you. Seen on your FB posts that you're having a great time at the Y...especially with some of those older ladies...LOL. Glad to hear you're starting to feel and see the rewards of working out. How's the eating going? I know I've struggled this past week of spring break...hoping this next week gets me back on track. Keep up the good work.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete